Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Alphabet Fun



I'm jumping on the blog band-wagon today. Why? Because it looked easy fun! Break out your old fridge magnet letters and make one too!!!! 

A. Age: 24. It's a brand new twenty-four but it's fun!

B. Bed Size: Twin. Don't hate. I'm still using my college bed/mattress. And while it's very comfortable, I'm ready to move on...Haha My sweet mentor puts it best when she loving says, "It's time for you to get a big girl bed. Big girls have big girl beds." When I get back from my next Japan work trip a full or queen is on my shopping list.

C. Chore that you hate: Putting away laundry. I don't mind running loads in the washer/dryer or folding but actually putting it away seems aggravating. I also hate vacuuming right now since my poor vacuum is on its last leg.

D. Dogs: One miniature dachshund. His name is Dash and he is cute. My other love is the family dog: a loyal german shepherd.

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee (americano w/ cream please!) and mascara. While coffee is a normal jumpstart to most people's day, I also have a similar feeling about mascara because without it I just don't feel as prepped to face the day. And during the work week mornings, I am usually coating my lashes while the coffee pot brews :) efficiency.

F. Favorite color: A world full of color and I have to choose one?! But this is my blog so I'm picking a few: Sapphire blue, orange, yellow, red and pink. In that order.

G. Gold or Silver:  Gold.

H. Height: 5'3". I'm from a tall family too...my dad and brothers tower over me at over 6' and my mum is considered average to tall height. Hmph.

I. Instruments you play: In jr. High and as a freshman, I played the clarinet and the bass clarinet. But I am not musical. At all. However,  I recently bought an acoustic guitar for my 24th bday and started taking an online guitar class (all part of my plan to become Taylor Swift).


J. Job Title: Naval Architect. My B.S. is actually in Civil Engineering but when I was hired with the DoD  they christened me"Naval Architect". I'm totally ok with this since Naval Architect sounds cool too.

K. Kids: None of my own but someday I want bunches! Lots of kids I grew up baby-sitting, teens from my church, and my friends' babies... I want to claim them ALL as my own! Also see previous "D is for Dogs".


L. Live: Washington. Near Seattle so life is sweet even if a bit grey and rainy. I'm an Oregon girl born and raised; gotta love the Northwest.

M. Mother's name: Janel aka Nellie. She's my favorite :)

N. Nicknames: Kyles, Kyles-Meegyles, Kyky, Kylie Anne, Red, Kylie-bug, and Kylie-Y-yote (think cartoon Wile E. Coyote). I won't share the mean ones my brothers have come up with... 

O. Overnight hospital stays: Never. Except when I was born I guess.

P. Pet peeves: When people don't blow their nose and instead sniff it back. EWww! Gross.

Q. Quote from a movie: Oh heavens. I love movies! Classics, black and white, 80's, new releases! I used to watch tons of them. The faves: Legally Blonde, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands. They just don't!" and Chariots of Fire, "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."

R. Right or left handed: Right.

S. Siblings: Two younger brothers. They are amazing and strong and tall and funny and kind. So blessed to be their older "bossy" sister.

T. Time you wake up: 5:30am. Of course most days there are some hits on the ol' snooze button. I'm not a morning person though so I tend to sleep in till 7 or 8am on the weekends.

U. Ultimate vacation: Europe. All the food, history, and culture. Especially, England, Belgium, France, and Ireland. Another two list toppers would be Israel and going back to Australia.


V. Vegetable you hate: Pattypan Squash. Maybe I'd like it now but when I was little I was forced to eat it was gross.


W. What makes you run late: everything. I suck at getting places on time. I am trying to improve this but I'm seriously a terrible judge of time and some mornings, I swear, when I'm trying to make it to the bus... time actually speeds up.

X. X-Rays you've had: My ankle when I badly sprained it in basketball and also then once after a car accident in college.

Y. Yummy food that you make: I enjoy baking and can make excellent brownies. More recently, I've discovered I like to cook too. Come over and I'll make you a healthy, tasty meal; I LOVE cooking for company.

Z. Zoo animal: Koala. I've even got to hold one in Australia before... Giraffes, lions, and elephants are must sees at the zoo also.

No comments:

Post a Comment