Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

"I Left My Heart In Tokyo"


So opposite of what my title might imply, I actually haven't been back to Tokyo since driving through it when I first arrived in Japan. However, I've been dying to use this title ever since hearing the song by Mini Vida (link below... but the only slightly applicable portion is the chorus).

I'm really beginning to love Japan, the people, and the culture. Yokosuka is another world-- it feels futuristic and historic all at once. There's so much to see. Sometimes I feel like I'm letting my inner Naomi Uemura (famous Japanese adventurer) down by not going out every chance to see more of Japan. But truth be told, the climbing/running up and down and around the aircraft carrier+the heat+the humidity+being hesitant about heading out on expeditions alone = staying on the base in my hotel room a bit too much! So my apologize to those who are wondering why there aren't more sightseeing trips documented here.
Tomorrow I'm hope to do some traveling after church. I've been told it's only a short trip to see the Big Buddha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daibutsu) in Kamakura and some temples along the way.

Besides being very lazy today, I went for dinner with some coworkers and had bbq pork on a stick, chicken satay, and some yummy shrimp rolls. This delicious meal was followed up with a bowl for each of us diners that looked like milky, liquid jello with ice cubes and little... well... it looked like frog eggs! Yuck! But it was actually more like watery bubble tea. Pretty good :) here's the best picture I could manage:

Happy Travels!

Kylie





2 comments:

  1. Thank U mummy dear :) they're a couple months old when I had first got the Macbook and was experimenting. WUV YA

    ReplyDelete