Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Off to Kamakura!

Hello my dearly missed friends and family! I completely dropped the ball on posting updates/pics... SORRY! Hopefully, filling you in on a couple of my epic adventures will make up for it.

So the weekend before last, my very kind co-worker and I ventured off to visit the Big Buddha in Kamakura, Japan... these are just a few of the many pictures I snapped along the way!


It was my first experience on the Japan train line and it was quiet effortless. Because Japan is so densely populated, their transportation must be efficient and user-friendly... and it is! We took the JR Yokosuka Line (the station is just a short walk from the base which leads you through a rose park along the waterfront) through 4 stops and then transfered to the Enoshima Railway for 3 more stops till we arrived at Hase (where Mr. Buddha resides) in Kamakura. The link below is an exact copy of the map I carry with me. It looks a bit overwhelming at first but is actually pretty straightforward (at least it will be until I get horrendously lost on the Japan train lines)!

Now for some pictures to chronicle my journey to reach the Kamakura Buddha :)

Young Love looks the same no matter where you go <3


The great rose and water park I passed through on my way to the train station...


This little museum is so cute and check out the clock with the bells on the it!

I love lurve luv this little ducky guy :) and he's holding his yummy curry dish! So far, I've noticed they have one of these outside all of the train stations (at least the ones I've visited).

There are even Cub Scouts in Japan--this mom and son were so sweet and gracious to let me snap their picture! Give this kid a badge!




I wanted to pinch his cheeks and take him home~ he was laughing and chatting to his momma while waiting for the train...





Hope you enjoyed the "in transit" pics. More to come on the Big Buddha of Kamakura himself!!! Stay tuned!

xoxo
Gossip Gir---oh wait, scratch that...................

XOXO
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment