Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Japan Trip 2011- Day 7 and Day 8

Whew! Days fly when you're having fun! And they also fly by when you are working. So I'm about to drop 2 days worth of info on ya'll not to mention all that I left out from last Sunday...

Sunday: My time at Yokosuka Baptist was refreshing. They seem like a very old school, conservative baptist church -- all the guys dressed in suits, only sang from hymnals, etc-- which I actually really appreciate. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I forgot, just for an instant, how to read a hymnal (not just skipping from line one of verse 1 to line one of verse 2...) :(
Different styles of worship can be a hard to adjust to but I reminded myself that I was still worshipping my same AWESOME, MERCIFUL, LOVING LORD and I was struck by the reverence and sincerity of the verses we sang!!! Each person I met was incredibly friendly and warm! I even got to witness three brothers in Christ get baptized! Hooray!!! I will definitely go again.

Monday: Yesterday was spent training for my new role at work (running up and down and around the aircraft carrier) and my legs were definitely sore this morning! It's fun though because I get to interact with the sailors and get a sneak peak at the inner workings of the U.S. Navy. CoCo Curry again for dinner with the coworkers! The way it works is you order your curry at a certain level of spice; there are six levels. I kicked mine up a level in spice (from 0 to 1) and even that was a bit much!!!! I'm obviously a wimp because at Level 1, I was only a level above the "For small children or those who don't like spice" category.

Tuesday: Keeping an eye on the typhoon status. The typhoon is heading towards Tokyo Bay and looks like we will get rain tomorrow because of it. Today we were told to buy non-perishables, water, batteries, etc. for emergencies. So no matter what we will be prepared! Great dinner out again with my awesome bosses/coworkers :) I'm going to weigh 5oolbs by the time I get back to the states!!! Thankfully I'm running and climbing the ship all day and I AM TRYING TO RUN IN THE EVENINGS. Here are a few pictures of my Sunday walk back from church. Goodnight and love from Japan.






P.S. on a funny side note ... I just walked outside of my lovely, airconditioned room into the hot hallway and it was SO HUMID that my reading glasses fogged up immediately! bwahaha! I thought this was humorous.

3 comments:

  1. Typhoon?!?!
    Will be praying.
    Glad you're enjoying the work situation.
    love
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you and impressed at how brave you are to try new thing. It is so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE worshipping in different churches when i go out of town. It is awesome to be able to feel that connection with the Body anywhere and in different styles of worship. It is good for me to get out of my "worship box" and experience something new.

    ReplyDelete