Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Things in a List

Oh good grief. Here I am again trying to jump back into my blog after ignoring it for MONTHS. But I won't waste anytime apologizing because that's totally boring to have a blog full of posts about the guilt of not blogging. Ok? Ok.

So what have I done lately?

Japan: I moved to Japan, for a 5 month period (my second trip over) for work and had a wonderful time. I've fallen in love with this country. The people, the food, the culture, the fashion, the trains, the food; did I mention the food? The goal was to blog the whole trip but I failed quite obviously on that front. At some point I will have to write more about Japan and share my pictures... but I'm set to go back again this next year so it may just wait until then.



New Apartment: When I got back from my time overseas, I moved into a lovely apartment complex (just 1 mile away from my old one... is that weird?) and was reminded how God completely knows what we need, when we need it before we even start worrying about it. My savior doesn't disappoint! Just a few days before flying back to the states I was still on the waiting list for an apartment and I was freaking out. I'm human, I'm flawed, and I'm still learning. I remember audibly casting these cares on God and feeling a huge sense of relief afterwards. Just hours later my apartment was confirmed and waiting for me. Isn't it nice to have a Heavenly Father that works ALL things out for the good!  Anyway, my apartment is amazing! I love it and all it's granite-countertop-loveliness (which inspire me to cook!!!) and big sunny windows! Thank you, Jesus.


Mom came to visit and help me decorate!


Trader Joe's: I heart this store. I would marry Trader Joe in a heartbeat if he asked me; of course we'd have to work through those guilt trips he lays on me when I forget to bring my re-usable grocery bags...  Alas, I am more than happy to stroll the aisles picking up reasonably priced organic produce and (not as reasonably priced) treats. Next time you are there, remember to purchase some sunflowers for your sweetie--they brighten up the most grey Seattle days--and last forever, the organic cucumbers, the sharp New Zealand cheddar, and best of all... THE PEANUT BUTTER FILLED CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS. Yes. They are that good. The first time I purchased said goodness, the cashier told me they were like crack (why do people use this phrase? Why don't they just say something is "addicting" or "positively delightful"... ok the positively delightful thing would be annoying if you were anyone but Hugh Grant... but still).


My Legs are Jello: In July (or was it June?... you'd think I'd remember since it was so painful) I ran 9 miles! That is the farthest I have ever run at once and it was GLORIOUS. And horrible. And long. But I got to do it with two of the coolest, sweetest women I know (one being my Elizabeth Project mentor*). After said run I had trouble working the clutch and brake pedals on my car driving home because my legs were so weak. Very dangerous. Also afterwards, I made myself blueberry pancakes as a reward for the new PR. Yay legs! You are so strong and I'm sorry I don't always treat you like the champs you are!


Australia Trip: I went to Queensland, Australia this summer with my Dad and brother, Daniel, and it was outrageously awesome. Family, scenery, food, adventure. AAaahh! I love Australia. This was my third trip to the land down under but my first as an adult. I'd been longing to go back for the last 20yrs and, in God's perfect timing, was able to go with two amazing guys. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I'll have to do another post exclusively devoted to Oz since it's too amazing to fit into one blurb. But lets just say I have an awesome family in an awesome country and I wish I could see them more often.
Koala at the Australia Zoo (my favorite animal!!!!)

Sugar Cane field in QLD being harvested


Diet Cleanse: While I'm only half way through it, the benefits have been tremendous. Clearer skin, more energy, weight loss, more skill cooking with natural spices, etc. God had really been blessing me with this diet because I'm learning some great things about myself and how my body reacts to certain foods. It's also forcing me to be more organized with meals which inturn creates a more organized day which makes me feel productive.


Daniel: WOW. What can I say about Daniel? My dear mentor, Kristina*, and I have been working our way through Beth Moore's Daniel bible study...and it is a STUDY! I got a new bible before I started; it is still relatively clean/orderly save for the book of Daniel which is worn, marked up, notated, bent, and LOVED. I'm obsessed with the testimony of Daniel's life in Babylon, I love the escatology and history and I love how God reveals Himself to us to through His Living Word! I did half of the study while in Yokosuak, Japan and it was perfect: being "alone" in a foreign country makes a great environment for relying on the truth of God's love.

CHURCH: God has this awesome plan for my life and I'm so excited to say He has provided me a place to connect, grow, and serve. My church family at Silverdale Baptist is truly a blessing in all sense of the word. Because of some laziness plus my multiple overseas trip during my time in WA, I have put off membership. But no more. Just last week I put in my application to become a member and commit to my church family more wholeheartedly than ever. We are about to go through some big changes in the church but I know that our elders and Pastors are reliant on the Word of the Lord so... as long as they follow His Truth... I will follow their leadership. Excited to see where it takes our church body! Praise you, Father, for YOU are good!
http://www.joshharris.com/stop_dating_the_church.php


Dash: What can I say? I love my dog. He's a black and tan, miniature dachshund and my baby. He is my puppy-child and takes his job of cuddle-buddy very seriously. His name is Dash. He is also my terrible answer when people ask me if there is "somebody special in my life" and I don't want to get into a full blown conversation about how I'm trusting God to bring a godly-man  into my life, etc... instead, I just say "No, but I have a dog." Which probably sounds SUPER LAME but I think it's kinda humorous so I keep responding thus just to amuse myself. Thank you, Dashers!



Kayaking: Like most cool things in my life, my mom discovered it first :) It's true. My mom is just killer. A few summers ago, my mom discovered her love of kayaking and so through her I've found I love it too--especially kayaking the Columbia River in The Dalles. We just have the beginner type kayaks which are incredibly heavy to load and unload from the truck. My mum is a total inspiration and I can't think of a better time/place to bond than summers in the gorge.

Mom on the River


Whew! Glad that's over. Hopefully, you are now updated on a few of the fun and amazing things I've been up to lately... or just what's been on my mind.

Love,
Kylie








No comments:

Post a Comment