Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Japan Trip 2011- Day 2




Day 2 (ni) in the Land of Hello Kitty! Went to bed early last night and woke up this morning at 5:30am thinking I could finish some blogging before work but the pictures of my apartment were uploading too slow thus the late updates.

First day at work was good--I think I'm going to like my new role at work. Plus my coworkers are great! So when I got back to work today not only was my beautiful comfy bed all made up nicely by the housekeeper (Ms. Kawamoto) but she had also washed my coffee cup and cereal bowl! That just made my day :) Having someone else do those things for you is such a treat!

My plan is to venture out this evening (after a quick nap) for a run and explore the base and the surrounding area of Yokosuka. I love how all the locals dress here too--makes me want to go shopping. More pictures and updates to come.

The other day on Google Talk, my Dad belted out the chorus of the Cold Chisel's "Rising Sun" and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share


Thanks Daddy!

Anyway I better go take that nap...

I'll leave you all with a Psalms I read this morning:

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.
But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.
Psalm 103 : 11-19

How great is it to know that where ever you go, our Heavenly Father rules it all!



4 comments:

  1. Muhahaha, I'm following you! (Online)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Bible verse, thank you for sharing.
    love
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you would go to the Land of Hello Kitty... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay~I'm so glad I have all you lovely ladies following :)

    ReplyDelete